As a Sales Manager, you will focus on expanding Vislink Technologies’ wireless digital video transmission/reception coverage and have accountability for regional sales performance against sales targets and delivery of the revenue against the Company goal of Revenue & Profitability. This role is focused on closing business with our existing products and promoting new development technologies driven by customer needs/pain points. The Sales Manager is a resource for advice and management of activities within the Vislink product range and liaison with all departments to ensure customer requirements and feedback is relayed internally and acted upon. This is an exciting area of focus for Vislink, and the sky’s the limit in a market with expanding real-time HD video requirements used to promote, entertain and inspire.
- Proactively identify, pursue and develop new customer accounts in a defined territory (tbd) utilizing a sales methodology aligned with customer needs and industry requirements.
- Position Vislink as end-user product-of-choice in video transmission.
- Maintain and nurture existing accounts by establishing periodic and consistent call/visit cycle ensuring active communication and needs awareness.
- Deliver technical product demonstrations of our exceptional wireless digital video products directly linked to specific customer pain/growth point(s).
- Introduce expanded technology capabilities to new/existing customers aligned with their existing and/or latent needs.
- Attend and “actively” represent the organization at industry-specific trade shows and align customer requirements with Vislink technology roadmaps.
- Coordinate sales efforts with other departments involved in providing sales and service to the customer including Finance, Marketing, Customer Support, Technical Support, Operations, Engineering, and other pertinent departments.
- Build and maintain a consistent sales funnel and active pipeline of opportunities through high-frequency prospecting (phone, email, face-to-face meetings).
- Explain and demonstrate the features and values of our business and product capabilities to all levels of decisions makers.
- Maintain positive relationships with all your new and existing clients.
- Contribute to achieving sales team targets.
- Attend the team meeting on a weekly basis to assess performance against targets.
- Presenting sales results to the management team on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Meet and exceed personal targets.
- Ensuring Salesforce is being used effectively and is kept updated.
- Utilizing best practices in sales techniques.
Skills we are looking for
- A highly professional, self-motivated natural sales hunter, who demonstrates high standards of ethical conduct.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven sales organization.
- Knowledge (and preferably network knowledge) in the broadcast industry
- Basic technical knowledge of IP network and streaming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; both critically important to internal/external engagement.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the Vislink team and our customers.
- Avid learner – our products are always evolving and so your knowledge must be too! In addition, ongoing sales training will be required to sharpen your skills through sharing best practices and role-playing activities.
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Adhere to company best practices around sales forecasting and use of the company’s CRM and Pipeline Management solutions.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, however a candidate’s sales abilities and technical knowledge will override advanced degrees.
- 5 or more years of experience
- Must be able to demonstrate sales successes with a high level of achievement
- Strong prospecting, selling and closing skills; Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet sales quotas
- Experience managing a full sales cycle from prospecting through closing
- Ability to identify key influencers/decision makers, funding sources, and timing of order placement.
- High energy, proven level of high performance, and dedication to customer success.
- Team-focused (you are a great individual contributor but the sales process at Vislink is truly a team effort).
- Experience selling and managing customer pursuits and the specifics of their purchasing processes.
What can you expect from us?
We believe in being a good employer and ensuring that you enjoy your work. This includes offering a competitive salary with good fringe benefits. We have an informal corporate culture with a no-nonsense mentality. We are assertive and we ask that of you too. Within the company, our employees are given the opportunity to develop further, because only then can we maintain our position in the market.